The break between the music of the 1950s and the 1960s is imprecise. A reasonable way of "dating" the 1960s is with the "British invasion" of American music. This refers to the numerous British groups, admirers and emulators of American rock and roll, who broke into the world market during the early 1960s.
I’ve been always a fan of the 60’s music, specially of groups like The Beatles and Bob Dylan. Songs like Mr. tambourine are always playing in my iPod. I love the lyrics and the change of perspective they have of the world back then.
Nowadays music is obviously influence by the new lyrics that came out in the 60’s, specially the new genders that appear then. In Chile music like la Nueva Ola has been a great school for a lot of greats singers.
Since I can remember music, like other things in life, has been helpful into come closer with my parents, who also love that kind of music. Especially my mother, she loves the music of Violeta Parra and Victor Jara.
Finally, I always thought that it will be nice to live around that time but I’m glad to know what things happened. 60’s music is been brought back in different ways nowadays so I can enjoy as much as I want it.
Cheers to the 60’s music and the great artist that live around that time, artist that inspired until now.

No comments:
Post a Comment